The picture shows the constellation Mesha or Aries consisting of three stars Ashwini (100% in Mesha), Bharani (100% in Mesha) and Krittika (25% in Mesha) in this constellation. Their ranges along the ecliptic from table 1 are shown as vertical green lines.
- In this figure and in all subsequent figures, Allen’s identitiy is marked ...(H), Balakrishna’s identity is marked …(B). When both identify same star then it is as in Ashwini (H&B)
- In the figure, Aries b 75012 (Hamal) & Aries g 92680 are identified as Ashwini, both by R.H.Allen (Ref-1, Pages 81 and 231) and Balakrishna (1998). Both identities agree.
- Identity of Bharani is shown to be same set of three stars (Aries 33,35 and 41) by R.H. Allen (circa 1890 Ref 1- Pages 292) and Balakrishna(1998).
- Identity of Krittika Nakshathra is shown as Pleiades group of six stars including AlCyone. The identities by both R.H.Allen (Ref-1 page 292/292) and Balakrishna (Ref-2) are same.
- R.H.Allen also calls whole of constellation Equuleus (Ref-1,Page213) as Ashwini, perhaps as a literal translation of Ashwini as horse.